Monday, September 12, 2011

Three weeks and counting...

So, three weeks to go until Angel Board is released in eBook.  Three months to go until the trade paperback.  To say I’m humbled would be putting it mildly.  This time last year I was rewriting Angel Board from scratch.  The first draft was penned over three years ago.  I can’t believe how much time has passed and all that has transpired during.  A lot of bad…I may one day talk about all that, but quite a bit of good also.  Psycho Holocaust a movie I directed in Wisconsin back in 2007 was finally picked up for distribution.  It was released on DVD back in June and appears to be doing well.  It’s gotten decent reviews – not all have been kind – on various horror websites.  
Rags – a movie I directed last year is making its rounds as I write this in search of distribution.  I hope to have good news to report on that in the upcoming months. 
And, last but not least, Angel Board is being published October 4th.
You may pre-order the eBook version here http://store.samhainpublishing.com/kristopher-rufty-pa-1661.html?osCsid=78046cd84931b863e12cb0c1cb55453e at the sale price.
‘Selling’ a novel, as impracticable as it seemed to me, was more than just hard to do.  When I first wrote Angel Board three years ago, I thought I was a genius with true writing talents bestowed upon me by the Gods.  Ha!  When I did those rewrites last year, then I thought I was finally using my granted powers to their potential. 
I wasn’t even close.
Angel Board was rejected and rejected, laughed at, ridiculed.  It wasn’t until Don D’Auria read it, that someone finally saw something in me and my stories.  Thankfully – all writing errors aside – he decided to acquire it.  With his help and supportive suggestions, I was able to make Angel Board even better.  I hope those that read it will enjoy the book, and come back for my next. 
This blog is something new for me.  So, I’m still trying to decide how to approach it, and what to write.  I would love to do story behind the book segments like author, Ray Garton does, but am afraid to.  I don’t want to be accused of stealing his idea, although I obviously would be.  Maybe I’ll do something similar without stepping on his toes. 
 Labor Day weekend I attended Heather Graham’s Writer’s for New Orleans conference in…surprisingly enough, New Orleans.  It was my third time, but my first as an actual author with a book coming out.  Heather Graham (the author, not actress) is one of the kindest people you will ever meet in the author world.  Her generosity is unlimited.  I will talk more about the conference on a later update, because there is so much to say. 
I just would like to end the update on this note:  I heart Heather Graham.

No comments: