Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2014 Book List

2014, can't say that I'm sad to see you go. A lot of hard times have been experienced this year, but as the year reaches its end, I can say things have definitely improved. 

I've read a lot of books this year. Each January, I start off with a vow: I will read more books and comics than the previous year. Sounds like a pretty simple resolution, but sometimes I don't come close. However, 2014 blew away 2013 in the amount of read books category. I'm going to list a few I really liked down below. This is not a "best of" list, in the sense that I think these are better than everything else. I just really enjoyed these books. They've stayed with me and, to me, that means something. Also, this isn't a "What was released in 2014 only" list. Some of these books came out well before the others. And I didn't want to discriminate them because of their age. They can be on my list, it's cool.  

Now, having written all of that, I will share my list. 

Once Upon a Halloween by Richard Laymon (Finally got to read this book, thanks to a friend. It has been on my 'books-to-read' fantasy list for a very long time) 

Dreadful Tales by Richard Laymon (Again, same list, and same friend made this dream come true)

Apartment 7C by David Bernstein

Wolf Hunt 2 by Jeff Strand

Spook Night by David Robbins (Loved this book. A great Halloween story)

Hell-O-Ween by David Robbins  

Junkyard by Barry Porter (This might have been my favorite. Such a fun time. The kids in this book reminded me a lot of my old friends from my teenaged years)

Tribesmen by Adam Cesare  

Feral by Berton Roueché 

Dogkill by Al Dempsey

Doctor Sleep by Stephen King

Witch Island by David Bernstein

Riding LawnMower Reunion by Alan Spencer

Wild by Gil Brewer (My first of his, and it won't be my last. I've really gotten into crime fiction, and this was a wonderful book)

Exorcist Road by Jonathan Janz

The Montauk Monster by Hunter Shea

December Park by Ronald Malfi

Pus Junkies by Shane McKenzie (My first read of 2014. And what a way to start it off!)

Fecal Terror by David Bernstein (My second read of 2014, and the perfect double-feature companion with Pus Junkies. I truly felt like I was a kid again, with old-school movies playing on my VCR!)

Dead Trash by Ed Kurtz

Fairy by Shane McKenzie

Bloody Mask by Alan Spencer

The Vagrants by Brian Moreland 

Swamp Monster Massacre by Hunter Shea

Depraved 2 by Bryan Smith

Relic of Death by David Bernstein

So that's my list. I'm sure you saw David Bernstein's name was on there quite a few times. He put out a lot of books last year and I tried to read them all. I found great joy in each one, and I highly recommend that you pick them up. Also, we got to cowrite a book with Shane McKenzie and Adam Cesare. That book's called JACKPOT. If you're interested in complete madness that leaves the pages soaked in crimson, please give that book a try as well. 

Happy New Year! I hope 2015 will be filled with wonderful excitement and peace for you all. 



No comments:

Post a Comment