Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Some of my favorite books of 2013!

I've never written one of these, or at least I don't remember writing one. Probably because I can never pick just a handful of books. Also, the majority of the books I read are old. This year, however, I read a lot more newer books than usual. Here's a short list of some I enjoyed--though some of them might not have been released in 2013. 

And here they are!

1. The Devil's Woods by Brian Moreland. 
2. The Late Night Horror Show by Bryan Smith
3. Joyland by Stephen King
4. Stalking You Now by Jeff Strand
5. The Tree Man by David Bernstein
6. Header by Edward Lee (reprint)
7. Darkest Lullaby by Jonathan Janz
8. Voracious by Wrath James White
9. Death Depot by Alan Spencer
10. The Witching House by Brian Moreland
11. The Narrows by Ronald Malfi (2012)
12. Bigfoot Crank Stomp by Erik Williams
13. Tentacle Death Trip by Jordan Krall (2012)
14. An Occurrence in Crazy Bear Valley by Brian Keene (reprint)
Right now I'm reading Prey Drive by Wrath James White and it just might make it to this list before Christmas. I should finish it in a day or two. 

The list could have kept going and going, but I had to stop at some point. I should start keeping track of the number of books and comics I read per year. It's a large count, I'm sure. I also read a ton of old paperbacks that I should make a completely separate list for because there are several I read this year that I really enjoyed.

Anyway, this was a hard list to assemble, not because I had trouble picking some. There were just SO many good books this year. My favorite list of movies would be much shorter, so I'm not bothering with making one.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas. Remember it's not the quantity of what's given but the quality of the time spent together. Rejoice in every moment, no matter how tough it gets. That's some advice I can take as well.    



2 comments: