Monday, September 26, 2011

Psycho Holocaust - Almost four years later

That's right, although Psycho Holocaust was released this past June by Independent Entertainment(who I will continue to thank relentlessly), the actual movie was shot in October of 2007.  I'm still humbled when a new review or Youtube video pops up for the movie.  It means a lot that people have watched it, and for the most part, have enjoyed it.  I haven't forgotten much about the grueling experience - no indoor plumbing, doing number twos in an outhouse, peeing in the woods, and eighteen hour filming days.  The invasion of horse flies, and wolves that stalked the set during our night shoots.  Would I do it again?  You bet.  With the same crew?  Absolutely.  We worked so hard to make a coherent movie, and I think we succeeded.  Would I do things differently?  You better believe it.  We all would, I'm sure.  It was a learning experience in film-making and also editing a feature film.  I had done two indies previous to Psycho Holocaust, but didn't learn nearly as much as I did on this one.

For those of you who read this blog, I give you a treat.  Two scenes from Psycho Holocaust.  Enjoy:

Laura gets got:



Something stinks: